We Are Here to Help
Main Street Beatrice and the Beatrice Community have several resources to help your business ideas grow and take on life. We welcome you to reach out to us to see what resources might be available to you.
What resources does Main Street Beatrice offer?
Small Business Support – Main Street Beatrice enjoys working with both our existing downtown businesses and those looking at starting a business. Main Street along with our local economic development partners work together to help offer the following:
- Small Business Planning
- Cash Flow Projections
- Discuss possible locations
- Develop financing and funding plans for your business venture
- Transition Planning (selling your business)
- Technical Assistance (marketing, QuickBooks, building improvements)
- Finding answers to your business and community questions, concerns, or problems
Please don’t be afraid to reach out to us with your questions or thoughts as we are here to support entrepreneurial development in its many different forms.
Main Street Beatrice Revolving Loan Fund – In cooperation with USDA Rural Development Main Street Beatrice offers a low interest loan to new and existing businesses in our mission area (map link) Loan Highlights:
- 10 year term
- 1.9% interest rate (subject to change)
- Loan amount typically around $10,000 or less but we may be able to provide higher amounts
- Available for a variety of small business needs (new and existing businesses)
Main Street Beatrice has many partners that work together to build up entrepreneurs and small businesses development right here in Beatrice and the surrounding area.
Gage Area Growth Enterprise – Know locally as NGage, they are Gage county’s economic development team who focus on a variety of efforts from industry to agriculture and small business. They are a valued partner who are helping those looking to start a new business, expand, and those facing challenges.
Beatrice Area Chamber of Commerce – The Beatrice Chamber works hard to support and promote our community and local businesses in many ways. They have been a long time partner in seeing our community grow and prosper.
The City of Beatrice – The City of Beatrice is a key part of our community that stretches beyond basic government. The City of Beatrice and the Board of Public Works are who you turn to for all your local utility needs and when necessary permits, (building permits, building inspections, sign permits, etc.).
The City of Beatrice manages economic development loan tools as well as Tax Increment Financing (TIF) and other incentive tools.
Center for Rural Affairs – When a bank can’t help with dreams of homeownership or growing a business, the Center for Rural Affairs can. We offer coaching and financing to help people become homeowners and to start or grow sustainable businesses.
Check out their free Dream Builder Tool – It offers online courses that teach you the skills you need to start or grow your own business. They’re FREE and can be completed on your own time!
SBA Business Guide – This is a straightforward place to start!
One of the best free resources for small businesses, the U.S. Small Business Administration’s “10 steps to start your business” page is a go-to guide that details, in order of importance, the steps needed to bring your business idea to fruition.
We are fortunate to have the support of many local lenders, the following can help you with a variety of traditional loan options, many can also help with SBA Loans and other helpful lending tools.
The following are our partners: (there are other local lenders)
Additional Local Incentives and Links:
Beatrice Nebraska and our downtown has access to several additional incentive programs on the local, state, and national level. Please contact us for additional information as some programs are not listed here.
- Tax Increment Financing
- Federal & Nebraska State Historic Tax Credits
- CDBG Grants
- Nebraska Microenterprise Tax Credit
- Nebraska Department of Economic Development
- Nebraska Department of Labor
- Nebraska Department of Revenue
- Nebraska Secretary of State’s Office
- Nebraska State Historical Society (History Nebraska)
- Nebraska Business Development Center
- Southeast Community College Entrepreneurship Center
Contact us today!
Michael Sothan, Main Street Beatrice Executive Director Email