There are a lot of different events going on here in downtown Beatrice. Each one is helpful to the local businesses participating in a new way. The current holiday events that are currently taking place are the following:
Main Street Downtown Passport
This event is all about supporting local businesses. It is a chance to explore our downtown. Throughout your shopping, you may discover a business here for the first time! Our downtown has plenty to offer and a variety of wonderful businesses. This event works like this:
- Go to one of the participating businesses (listed below) and ask for one of the passport booklets.
- You go to stops listed in the book and each place you will earn a stamp in your booklet.
- The total number of stamps you have collected during the duration of the event correlates with the number of entries you have that goes towards prizes.
- The number of entries you get for your stamps are the following: 3 stamps = 1 entry, 5 stamps = 2 entries, 10 stamps = 6 entries, 15 stamps = 10 entries, and 20 stamps = 20 entries
- This Event runs from November 27th, 2021 through January 9th, 2021.
Main Street Gift-A-Day Giveaway
This event is a way for our downtown businesses to show their appreciation for you, the customers! This event consists of going to local shops and filling out slips of paper for a chance to win a prize from one of the participating businesses! PLEASE go out and enter your names in these drawings! It is a very easy way to get a prize to help out with upcoming gift shopping and the business owners love seeing people walk in their doors. The following businesses are participating in the Gift-A-Day Giveaway:
The Black Crow Restaurant & Bar, Blue Bulldog, Blush Ceramic Studio, Brick & Mortar Coworking, Burwood Books/Mother to Mother, Clean Slate Soaps, Gage County Historical Society & Museum, Gems & Junk, Gorgeous Hanger, Jim’s Carpet, Leo’s Jewelry, Quilt Stitches, Scheer Quality Furniture, Security First Bank, Sunrise Bakery, Tall Tree Tastings, Uhl’s Sporting Goods & Screen Printing, & Weigel Jewelry
Main Street Storefront Display
This event is all about showing how wonderful our downtown is and also how creative and awesome our shop owners are! This year’s theme for our Storefront Display Contest is “A Storybook Christmas”! You may have already seen a few of the downtown businesses getting into the Christmas spirit! If you have found a personal favorite you can help them out by voting for them! You can vote for your favorite storefront by going to one of the participating businesses during their store hours and asking for a ballot! Voting will be going through December 21st, 2021 so be sure to go out and vote! Participating businesses are all listed below!